I remember on March 14, 2012, when i was 17 years old, I had to live without technology for a week. I must admit it was very boring and hard ; I wasn't able to call anyone or surf the web nothing. I believe I may have felt better if I could have at least watched t.v or listen to my music. I really believe since i grew up in the era where technology controls the world, without it I would go insane.
On March 14th i was sent to state prison for 31/2 years. On that day I became a animal all I lived based on was survival. I arrived at Wende Correctional Facility early in the morning, spent most of my day getting processed. The whole situation just felt so unreal like it was a movie or something. I was locked in the same cell for a whole week, no shower, no phone, no T.v, no radio ,no nothing. All I had in my cell was myself , my greens, state toothbrush and toothpaste, and state linen.
I couldn't help but think about what i would be doing if i was at home ,or even if i was still in Monroe County jail. All i can do in my cell was smoke cigarettes, rap, sing, and think. I spent this whole week replay the events which changed my life forever; I also worked out and just paced back and forth.I honestly believe that was the worst week of my life ,and the worst part about it the time dragged so much.
Since I experienced this, I keep myself out of every situation possible that i think may lead me back. I never imagined life without everything I struggled for or hustled for in my life . Now that I am back home I won't never leave my phone ,and I always got my tablet or laptop on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment